All lovers of sweets, as well as those who like to bake this sweet, definitely know what ganache is and how to cook it. There are also people who have never heard such a name. That is why below we will talk about this interesting element of cooking, as well as recipes for its preparation.
It is known that for the first time this sweet addition to dishes was prepared in France, and that recipe included only three main ingredients - classic dark chocolate, cream and butter. Depending on the goals, the ganache can be either thicker or more liquid.
|Bitter Chocolate (60% or more) -||200 g|
|Cream (fat content 35%) -||120 g - 200 g|
|Butter -||50 g|
|Powdered sugar (optional) -||1 tbsp|
|Cooking time: 25 minutes||Calories per 100 grams: 225 Kcal|
How to cook ganache (step by step):
- First you need to prepare the chocolate, namely break it into pieces,
- Pour the cream into a small deep bowl, after which they must be heated in a water bath, while not bringing to a boil,
- When the cream is ready, they need to add chocolate and leave it to melt in the cream for about 5-7 minutes (sometimes it may take longer)
- After the chocolate and cream turn into a homogeneous mass, they must be beaten well with a whisk,
- Pour powdered sugar into the chocolate mass and beat everything with a whisk again, after which the sweet mass must be cooled,
- Add the butter to the cooled chocolate cream, and then knead the mixture for several minutes until smooth.
Ganache - what is it?
Cakes and cakes, filled with fragrant and refined chocolate icing on top, cause appetite even for those people who do not consider themselves lovers of sweets. This dessert coating is called ganache. What it is?
Ganache is a cream made from chocolate and cream, which is used as a filling for sweets, decorating cakes and pastries. It was first invented in France in 1850 in the Syroden confectionery. However, there are other versions of the origin of ganache. According to one of them, the famous cream was due to the oversight of a young pastry chef who accidentally poured cream into dishes with melted chocolate.
Depending on the desired consistency of ganache, the ratio of the ingredients that are used to prepare it varies. For glazes, the classical ratio of chocolate and cream is 1: 1. If you need to get a thicker and lush cream for decorating cakes, the number of cream should be increased.
Other cooking options for ganache
In addition to the classic recipe for this chocolate mousse, there are many others that are perfect for various delicacies, meeting all the taste preferences of sweet tooth. And one of these recipes is ganache with the addition of rum.
Recipe number 1 - Ganache with rum, where you need the following:
|What do you need||How much|
|Bitter chocolate||250 gr|
|Rum (can be replaced with cognac)||1 tbsp|
The preparation of the rum recipe will take only 15-20 minutes, and the calorie content of the product per 100 grams will be about 357 kcal.
- As usual, you need to start with chocolate: you need to break it into small pieces,
- Place the cream in a container that can be heated in a water bath. Cream must be brought to a boil and immediately removed from the heat,
- Pour chocolate slices into hot cream, then beat both ingredients until smooth.
- In the last turn, you can add rum (or cognac), after which again mix the chocolate mass well. Ganache prepared according to this recipe is ideal for coating the cake.
Along with the classic recipe, you can prepare a sweet creamy mass, where not dark chocolate will be used, but white.
Recipe number 2 - Ganache made from white chocolate, which will require the following products:
|What is required||How much|
|White chocolate||200 gr|
|Flavor or Dye||At the discretion of|
This delicacy is prepared quickly enough - no more than 20 minutes. Calorie content of the product will be about 280 kcal per 100 g.
How to cook ganache according to this recipe:
- Pour the cream into a suitable dish, put it on a fire or water bath, then gradually bring to a boil,
- Remove the boiling cream from the heat, add slices of white chocolate to them, gradually mix both ingredients with a whisk or mixer to get a homogeneous mass,
- The resulting creamy chocolate mass should be sent to the refrigerator to cool,
- The finished mass of white chocolate can be used as a coating for cakes.
Homemade noodles - a recipe for eggs, making it easy and simple.
According to our recipe, cook jellied pie with canned fish and potatoes.
Read how to cook incredibly tasty pasta with Bolognese sauce - a recipe with photos and step-by-step recommendations.
Classic Chocolate Ganache
Since the preparation of the first cream, his recipe has succumbed to changes and additions many times. According to the classical recipe, it is made of dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa and cream. To add gloss to the cream, butter is added to the cream, and icing sugar is added for sweetness.
Classic chocolate ganache is prepared in the following sequence:
- Cream with a fat content of 35% (120 ml) is poured into a saucepan, heated in a water bath and brought almost to a boil. After this, the dishes are removed from the stove.
- Pieces of dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 60% are added to the cream and left for 5-7 minutes. This time will be enough for the chocolate to melt. If he remained firm, the cream in the saucepan would need to be warmed up again in a water bath.
- Powdered sugar (25 g) is added to the chocolate cream mass. Ganache for cake is thoroughly whipped with a whisk.
- Once the mass has cooled slightly, 50 g of soft butter is added to it. Then it is well beaten with a whisk until smooth. Cover the cooked icing cake or use as a layer for croissants and cakes.
If the cake or dessert is prepared exclusively for adults, chocolate cream with the addition of rum or cognac will be its excellent decoration. It has a spicy taste and will surely appeal to all connoisseurs of exotic.
We offer a ganache recipe with rum:
- Prepare 250 g of dark chocolate, previously crushing it with your hands into pieces.
- In a water bath or low heat, heat well, but do not boil high fat cream (250 ml).
- Pour the prepared chocolate with hot cream. Using a whisk, mix the mass thoroughly and bring the ganache to a homogeneous state.
- At the very end of cooking add a tablespoon of rum or brandy. Stir the mass for the last time, after which it can be used to decorate the dessert.
Some facts and cooking tips
Ganache was invented 150 years ago, but over the years, its basic recipe has never changed: only cream, chocolate and butter are always used. If desired, the recipe can be supplemented with other ingredients - icing sugar, cognac or rum, add coconut milk to the cream or replace dark chocolate with white or milk, but in general the three main ingredients never change.
The classical method of preparation (as in the first recipe) does not contain sugar, so the aftertaste of this delicacy will turn out to be creamy and spicy at the same time, as bitter chocolate will give it bitterness.
Ganache, in the recipe of which rum is used, can be left in the fridge for a while until it solidifies, then beat it with a whisk and decorate the cake with a pastry syringe. In this case, a delicious chocolate mass will be very airy and light.
If ganache is prepared exclusively for coating cakes, then it is best to use it immediately after cooking. And if you want to make stuffing out of it, then you need to leave it in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Ganache chocolate must be broken into cubes or small slices. This will ensure a more even distribution in hot cream. If you wish, you can grate the chocolate on a grater, then it will melt faster and more evenly distributed.
It should be remembered that ganache retains its glossy shine only if used while still hot. When the mass cools, it acquires a matte shade.
What is ganache
Creamy chocolate cream for a cake now does not surprise anyone, but it was not always so. This emulsion was invented quite by accident, but its delicate taste was quickly appreciated. The classic chocolate ganache is based on cream. But the confectioners went further and offer the option of cream in butter. It can also consist of these two components. A prerequisite for the cream is the presence of chocolate.
The recipe for chocolate ganache appeared due to an accident, and entrenched in cooking for a long time. His invention again could not do without French cooks. They have long been considered the legislators of taste.
A young cook inadvertently spilled cream in melted chocolate. The chief scolded him very much for this offense. He called the careless pastry chef “ganache”, which from French translates as a fool. Subsequently, milk chocolate ganache was tasted and was struck by its delicate taste, but the unpresentable name stuck to it forever.
There are several types of this French goodies. Chocolate cream is prepared on the basis of: cream, butter, or both. The main thing in the preparation is the proportions and quality of the components. Use chocolate ganache for cakes, muffins and pastries.
Features of the composition
A ganache recipe may include different types of chocolate. This is the main component, the quality of which depends on how successful the cream will be.
Any ganache chocolate can be used. The proportions must be correctly observed in order to achieve the necessary fat content and consistency.
- Classic ganache involves the use of dark chocolate. The components in this case are taken in weight in a ratio of 1: 1.
- Milk chocolate ganache is less oily. For him, the proportion changes to 2: 1.
- White cream needs a lot of cream. Their proportion for sweets is 4: 1.
- Ganache on dark bitter chocolate is also made at the rate of 1: 1, but it has a specific taste. Children are unlikely to appreciate it.
The proportions of the cream depend on how much cocoa butter is in the chocolate. The smaller it is, the greater the need to compensate for fat. In white chocolate, cocoa butter is practically absent, so the proportion looks like 4: 1.
The most simple to prepare is cream ganache. It also has fewer calories and is easier for the stomach. A delicious cream can be created with cream and butter. It is the most difficult to prepare. The oil composition is easy to prepare. It turns out fatty and heavy for the stomach.
Cream of ganache for coating a cake according to a traditional recipe performed by French chefs looks like a clearly proportional cream in which each gram should be taken into account. At home, you can experiment and look for the most suitable options. Covering the cake with ganache allows you to correct the roughness of the cakes and give the dessert a respectable appearance. The cream is very tasty. It is rich and very chocolate.
In order for the ganache to turn out correct, you must observe the proportions and adhere to the classic set of products. For the cream you will need:
- 250 g butter cream
- 250 grams of dark chocolate.
Ganache with butter can not be called classic, but this product is a substitute for cream. In order for the cream to turn out to be of high quality, the ingredients should only be selected. Dark chocolate ganache has a rich taste. The fat content of products is very high, and this is one of the features of the product. Chocolate ganache cream has a viscous consistency and is used hot.
Having chosen the best products, you need to start the cooking process. To properly make chocolate ganache according to the classic recipe, you need:
- Tile must be broken into segments. Chocolate is placed in a stewpan. It is not necessary to grind much, the product at the temperature will still melt.
- In a separate bowl, cream is heated. They must be brought to the appearance of bubbles at the edges, but not boil.
- Heated cream is poured into a stewpan with pieces of chocolate. You can not do the opposite so that the product does not burn.
- Then you just need to stir with a spatula to completely disperse the chocolate.
Oil ganache is also smooth and uniform. Its quality depends only on the selected products. Knowing how to cook ganache, you can quickly decorate cupcakes and cakes. The cream can be stored in the refrigerator under plastic wrap for 2 days, so it is sometimes prepared in advance. He does not require heating, at room temperature takes the necessary consistency.
Chocolate ganache for coating a cake with honey
Delicious chocolate cream with cream has a lot of variations. You can cook ganache in milk or sour cream, add condensed milk and butter to it. Also popular is the honey option. The chocolate ganache recipe for smudges on the cake has a delicate taste and aroma.
- 100 g cream
- 150 g of dark chocolate,
- 50 g butter,
- 50 g of honey.
This ganache is used to cover the cake. It is better to use black chocolate in it, since with white cream it will be very sweet. Chocolate ganache for coating is used for mastic or to coat the sides, make streaks, give color variety, layering cakes. This cream can be called universal. Ganache for a cake with honey is prepared in the same way as the classic one.
- It is necessary to warm the cream, melt the chocolate in them.
- Heat the honey slightly and mix with the creamy mass.
- At the end, add oil and mix everything until smooth.
Cream ganache for the cake is soft and fragrant. It can be stored in the refrigerator. Ganache with honey, milk and white chocolate will be very sweet, it is advisable to choose black.
Chocolate Cream Ganache Recipe
Delicious and aromatic chocolate cream with cream can decorate the cake. When purchasing products, you need to pay attention to their composition. It is planned to use chocolate cream from cream for the cake, then the bitter tile will not work. Especially when the main eaters are children. In this case, it is better to choose a ganache recipe made from milk chocolate. He is not so tart and sweeter.
White and dairy products contain less cocoa butter. Its fat content is significantly reduced. In order for the ganache to be the desired consistency, it is necessary to balance the content of chocolate and cream, as well as introduce oil.
- 500 g of white or milk chocolate,
- cream in an amount of 350 g,
- butter - 50 g.
In the confectionery, ganache cream for decorating the cake is prepared in compliance with all proportions. Professionals have extensive experience in this matter. When we cook ganache at home, you can adjust the amount of a product to achieve optimal consistency and taste. As a result, the cream should be smooth and uniform.
In order to make the ganache for the cake correctly, you must:
- Cream is heated over a fire until bubbles appear.
- They are poured into pre-prepared chocolate and mixed until smooth.
- At the final stage, softened oil is introduced, which should melt from the temperature. This requires constant mixing.
Cream for cream and chocolate cake without butter may turn out to be less concentrated. The main task is to achieve uniformity by constant mixing. Knowing how to make a ganache from milk and white chocolate, you can not worry about the quality of your baking.
Ganache for mastic
To create a culinary masterpiece with smooth surfaces, the method and technology of preparing ganache is important. Mastic is laid out only on ideally “masked” cakes. To decorate and align the cake, chocolate ganache is suitable.
- 100 g of dark chocolate
- 100 g butter.
In order to prepare chocolate ganache for mastic, you need:
- We cook only in a steam bath. All appliances and products must be prepared in advance.
- Chocolate and softened butter are placed in a deep-bottom stewpan. The mass must be heated until the main component is completely dissolved and with constant stirring.
- After the cream becomes homogeneous, it is removed from the steam bath and sent to cool for 30 minutes.
To properly pour the cake with ganache, it is necessary to cool it a little, so that the cream thickens. Water carefully and smooth with a knife. Cake with ganache becomes smooth and ready for mastic.
Chocolate ganache to cover the cake may be thicker or more liquid. Then it will become a good layer for cakes. Is it possible to apply ganache cream in milk on the top layer of dessert? Of course, it will only be necessary to cool it a little and water it dosed so that it does not spread. For glaze you need:
- 350 ml of milk
- 50 g sugar
- 400 g of chocolate.
Cooking ganache in milk is similar to the classic recipe. As in other cases, the basis is the quality of the products and respect for proportions.
- Over a high heat, milk is heated to 90 degrees.
- В него засыпается сахар и перемешивается до полного растворения.
- В завершение требуется добавить молочную смесь в шоколад и растопить его. Regular stirring will allow uniformity.
- The soft component of the stewpan is whipped with a mixer at high speeds. Ganache is light and airy.
The cream can be used in a warm and cooled form. Ganache is suitable for coating a cake with smudges or just for pancakes and pancakes.
Cream for filling cakes
You can decorate with chocolate ganache not only a cake, but also small cupcakes or cakes. It is used as a cream and copes with this function perfectly. You need to know a few secrets that make it light and airy. Not only chocolate cake, but also the cake will get a special taste with butter cream.
- 150 g of chocolate
- 100 g cream
- 50 g of butter.
If dark chocolate is chosen for the cream, then you can add granulated sugar to taste. A ganache cream recipe is being prepared according to the classical principle. The cream is heated, the chocolate is melted in them and at the end the butter is added. Then ganache cool a little in the refrigerator. Before use, you need to beat it with a mixer for 3 minutes to give airiness. It turns out a ganache for cakes - the best cream intended for decoration.
Ganache on sour cream
If there is absolutely no time, and the cake requires decoration, then the technology of cooking ganache on sour cream will win over with its simplicity. For cream, even chocolate does not need to be purchased. The question arises how much such ganache can be stored or kept in the refrigerator. The cream can stand for 2 days. Chocolate ganache has a simple and affordable recipe. It will require:
- 8 tablespoons of sour cream
- 6 small spoons of cocoa
- 6 teaspoons of sugar.
All components must be placed in a saucepan. Put it on the fire and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Sugar is used in the cream to give it more sweetness, as sour cream sour. Dark chocolate whipped ganache becomes more airy. It should be slightly cooled in the refrigerator. Beating ganache is required for 3 minutes at high speeds. If the cream includes cream and chocolate, then it is perfect for cake, pastries and other pastries. Also ganache can be used to decorate cakes and cupcakes.
Ganache with condensed milk
Custom ganache of chocolate, butter and condensed milk is prepared without cream. It can be used for filling the cake as a cream. In this recipe, the basis is condensed milk.
- chocolate - 250g
- 200 g of oil
- 150 g of condensed milk.
Ganache for the layer and for the filling of the cake is softer, but very tasty. In order to make ganache correctly and achieve the desired consistency, it is necessary:
- melt chocolate and butter in separate containers on a steam bath,
- bring the condensed milk to room temperature,
- mix it with melted butter and beat lightly,
- pour the resulting mixture into chocolate,
- mix until uniform.
With this mass, you must immediately lubricate the chocolate cake or start baking. It can be stored in the refrigerator, but freezes quickly.
We will need
The softest and lightest chocolate ganache includes the following components:
- cream - 50 ml,
- 100 g of white chocolate,
- 25 g butter.
Milk ganache is suitable for a layer of cakes in a chilled form. You can decorate the upper part of the dessert with warm cream.
Cooking step by step
Preparing chocolate ganache as a decoration for the cake is not difficult, you only need to strictly observe the proportions so as not to violate the consistency.
- Cream is heated to 90 degrees.
- They must be poured into dishes with prepared chocolate.
- The whole mass is mixed until smooth. Chocolate should break up.
- At the end, oil is added to the cream and mixed.
- To decorate a cake or a baking filling, the mass is cooled and whipped.
Cream can be used for cakes, meringues or straws. For all desserts except the cake, chocolate ganache requires whipping for 3 minutes.
How to cook
To make a color ganache for smudges or classic black with the addition of rum, you need:
- On the stove, you need to warm the cream strongly, but do not bring them to a boil.
- Pour hot liquid into pre-broken into pieces of chocolate.
- It is recommended to mix the mass until it acquires a uniform consistency.
- At the end, add another spoonful of brandy or rum and mix again.
- For cakes, you can make whipped ganache. Before this, the cream cools. Then beat it for 3 minutes.
The use of ganache is required immediately so that it does not lose volume. A very simple cream always favors pastries.
This recipe is suitable just for the case if chocolate is not at hand, and the process of preparing the dessert is already at the final stage and it remains only to cover it with glossy glaze.
Ganache for the cake is prepared in this order:
- Cream with a fat content of 35% (75 ml) is poured into a saucepan and heated on a stove almost to a boil.
- Cocoa powder (3 teaspoons) is mixed with the same amount of powdered sugar.
- The dry mixture is poured with hot cream and thoroughly kneaded to a homogeneous consistency without lumps.
- Softened butter at room temperature (50-100 g) is added. Its amount varies depending on the desired consistency. If you need to get a thick cream, you need to put less butter, and vice versa.
- Cooked ganache should be used immediately to cover the cake.
Cream decoration for white chocolate cake
This recipe produces a very beautiful glossy coating for dessert. But not all housewives know how to cook white ganache. What is it, we will tell in a step-by-step instruction. The order of preparation of the cream is as follows:
- High fat cream 33-35% (50 ml) is heated to a temperature of 90 ° C.
- White chocolate (100 g) is chopped by hand in random order and filled with hot cream.
- Using a manual whisk, the mass is brought to a homogeneous state.
- Lastly, butter (25 g) is added.
- Ganache is mixed again. Now it can be applied on top of the cake or cooled in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and used as a cream layer for confectionery. In the process of preparing ganache, powdered sugar is not added to it, since white chocolate is quite sweet. In addition, you can add a few drops of rum, brandy or vanilla essence into the cream, which will make it more fragrant.
White ganache is ideal as decoration for cake, toppings for cakes and meringues.
Mastic Cake Cover
The ganache prepared according to this recipe fits perfectly on the surface of the product, while leveling it. Moreover, it turns out to be smooth, shiny and very tasty.
Ganache is prepared for mastic in the following sequence:
- Dark chocolate (100 g), broken into pieces, is laid out in a stewpan with a thick bottom.
- On top, a little butter (100 g), slightly softened at room temperature, is added.
- The contents of the stewpan are slightly mixed with a whisk, after which the dishes are sent to a water bath.
- As soon as the chocolate melts, the ganache should be removed from the stove, mix well again and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- The cooled chocolate mass should be used as a base for mastic.
Classic chocolate cream has a fairly thick consistency. But the ganache prepared according to this recipe is more like a sauce that can be served with pancakes, pancakes, etc.
Step-by-step preparation of chocolate cream in milk is to perform the following procedure:
- Whole cow milk (350 ml) is poured into the stewpan. If necessary, it can be replaced with coconut if you do not eat animal products.
- Milk is brought to a temperature of 90 ° C, after which sugar (50 g) is added to it and thoroughly mixed until completely dissolved.
- Next, remove the stewpan from the stove. Add chocolate (400 g), chopped into pieces, into milk and leave for several minutes to completely melt it.
- Beat the mass with a mixer at high speeds. Ready ganache has a uniform consistency and glossy shine.