What does the name Magdalene mean:
This name translates as - a certain native of such a city of Magdal, and sometimes it is interpreted as - curling hair.
Origin of the name Magdalen:
This bright name has two versions about its origin. So, according to one of the well-known versions, it is of Hebrew origin, so they called all the natives of the city of Migdal-El, which was in Palestine, the name Magdalen in the old Aramaic language sounded like Magdala. There is an equally common version that this name can come from such an expression as magadella, meaning “curling hair”.
Character transmitted by the name of Magdalene:
Magdalene is definitely an intellectual to the very tips of her nails, she is incredibly friendly and completely at ease in everyday communication, she has extremely pleasant manners, a very subtle, and of course an extremely insightful mind, as well as an amazing ability to properly control herself and her emotions. A kind of semblance of a very pleasant, and really bright and unusually kind aura is created around Magdalene, which, as a rule, is able to calm and even somewhat pacify all the people around it.
In early childhood, Magdalene is often distinguished by her incredible independence, as a rule, she is not at all from a kind of “timid ten,” and she always knows very clearly what she will need and tries to always achieve just that. As a rule, she studies well, and all sciences can be given to her quite easily, but the slightest “cramming” is not at all for her, because she practically grasps everything as they say on the fly. Often she is really very smart, and she also has an amazing memory and sometimes even a superbly developed intuition.
In addition, Magdalen has simply excellent organizational inclinations and abilities, as well as an extremely pronounced clear desire for unequivocal leadership. She is quite capable of successfully making an excellent career, maybe even occupying some fairly high posts, and, moreover, she can always achieve the highest ideas and goals. Most often, she can expect maximum success in such fields of activity as painting, possibly sculpture, sometimes design or even modeling fashion clothes. In addition, it should be noted that any professional activity for the young Magdalene is the surest way for self-realization, but the work itself is a kind of platform where it will be possible to realize even the most daring and sometimes just going beyond certain ordinary things.
It must also be said that, despite the incredible strength of his complex nature, Magdalene is simply incredibly feminine and charming. And of course, attention from the numerous representatives of the stronger sex, as a rule, is always more than abundant in Magdalene. She is also a real lover of constant social events and various stylish parties, and at the same time there are always unusually many different fans around her. However, with all this, she is in no hurry to immediately enter into a family union with someone, because you will have to exchange universal sympathy and love, and just say the attention to the role of a housewife - this is usually not in her style. The slightest uniformity and constant grayness of certain harsh and working everyday life will be able to immerse many owners of this beautiful name in incredible boredom, and this is probably why they really love the constant variety, and their whole life, as a rule, is full of bright and extremely interesting events.
The name Magdalen entered the Gospel history as the name of a woman from Magdala, the city of Migdal-El (translated from Hebrew - “tower”). She delivered the world's first and shortest sermon on the Resurrection of Christ. According to this amazing woman, the apostle John wrote the twentieth chapter of the gospel.
A different, less likely, version of the origin of the name Magdalen is rooted in the Talmud, where the word "magadella" in Hebrew means "curling hair."
The name Magdalene is surrounded by a good aura and conveys the complex features of a female character. Its representative is distinguished by a silent character, prone to reflection, intelligence and analytical abilities. Stands out with an energetic temperament and can be impulsive. She is friendly and sociable.
The mystery of the name Magdalen lies in the peculiarity of the girl's character. She is indifferent to the compulsory school curriculum. All forces and attention are concentrated on self-development, elements of the philosophy of stoicism, the search for ways out of the most difficult life situation. Her behavior can be very volatile and contradict character traits. It seems to refute the well-established idea that a person should always remain himself, no matter what. In the variability of temper, she tries to find mental balance.
Magdalene values friendship, is not capable of betrayal. She always defends personal interests and does not compromise, because she is sure that the one who is smarter is right. He never doubts his intellectual abilities. She is freedom-loving, likes cheerful companies, knows how to joke, and is responsive. Femininity and a strong character help her solve complex problems extraordinary.
Negative features of the name are considered to be conflict, as well as the desire to achieve the goal by any means, imposing on others opinions about their own rightness.
Hobbies and hobbies
The enterprise of such a woman also covers part of her sphere of interests. Business for Magdalene is an exciting hobby. She makes a profit from renting children's toys, growing flowers and houseplants, making and selling jewelry, organizing an online store, etc. Knows many secrets of freelance.
Profession and business
Magdalene is capable of self-realization in many professions. In addition to business, she can work as a doctor, designer, fashion designer, seller, marketer. She does not like painstaking work, but in creativity she is able to step over this line and achieve success.
Despite the fact that health rarely reminds Magdalene of itself, you need to pay attention to a predisposition to diseases of the veins and hypertension.
Sex and love
This is a very sexy woman. In the search for sensual pleasures, Magdalene gains a wide experience of various connections. She always brings intimate life to the forefront of relationships with the opposite sex. He falls in love often, but easily breaks up with his chosen one. Very meticulous about sexual partners. She dreams of a marriage in which she can combine the role of a lover and wife.
Family and marriage
The purpose of "creating a family, at any cost" for such a person does not. Magdalen appreciates freedom. But loving a man for real, she independently makes a decision. In a relationship with a spouse, she always remains passionate and sensual. She is trying to shift homework to her husband.
With children establishes a gentle and trusting relationship. It allows them to get their personal experience without maternal moralizing. The owner of the name Magdalene without categorical conclusions and instructions always helps children, protects them and rewards them with boundless love.
Name day of Magdalene (according to the Catholic calendar, this name does not appear in the Orthodox calendar) April 10 and May 24. Saints: Magdalene, Countess of Canos, Blessed, Magdalene-Sophia Bara, saint.
The meaning of the name Magdalene
Magdalen means "from the village of Magdali" (this is a translation of the name of Magdalen from the Hebrew language).
The origin of the name Magdalene
An analysis of the mystery of the name Magdalen makes sense to begin with its origin. The history of the name of Magdalene has Jewish roots. Literally in Russian, this name is translated as "from Magdala." Magdala is a village on the shores of Lake Galilee in Palestine.
In the Russian tradition, the name Magdalen was not previously used as an independent name and began to be used under the influence of the Western European analogue - Magdalena (Magdalena, Magdalene).
What does the name Magdalene mean by P. Rouge
In accordance with the interpretation of the name Magdalen according to P. Rouge, the main character traits of the name Magdalen are: susceptibility - sociability - activity - sexuality.
Type: women named Magdalene are hard to get close to. These are choleric people who do not heed the words, but they have a kind heart.
Psyche: these women are characterized by such a quality as love for their neighbor, which, however, sometimes takes strange forms.
Will: not as strong as it seems. If you overcome their aggressiveness, it turns out that they can be convinced.
Excitability: suppresses other qualities. Impress a tangle of nerves.
Activity: they are professional players who can go to the riskiest bluff.
Intuition: unusually developed, especially if they make a medical diagnosis or give a psychological assessment of the person.
Intelligence: excessive excitability often deprives them of common sense. They have an analytical mindset, but often drown in trifles and become unjust and biased. Curious, with a well-developed memory.
Susceptibility: every second they strive for love, in everything they want to be the first. They dream of mastering not only your body and soul, but also your condition.
Morality: somewhat erratic moral principles only give them charm.
Health: fortunately, iron, as they lead an abnormal lifestyle: they confuse day and night, sleep when they can. Their blood circulation may be impaired, and this threatens with varicose veins.
Field of work: work for them is a battlefield where you can go beyond what is permitted. They like everything beautiful and catchy. They do not tolerate painstaking regulated work. They can be doctors, painters, sculptors. With great power strive for success.
Sociability: excessive sociability often leads to an disordered life.
Description of the name Magdalen B.Higiru
According to the description of the name Magdalen according to B.Higir, the owner of this name is temperament choleric, not listening to the opinion of others, a ball of nerves. Excessive excitability often deprives her of common sense. Magdalen's moral principles are not very stable, but this only gives it charm. She has an analytical type of thinking, developed memory and intuition. However, wallowing in the little things, he does not see the problem as a whole and becomes biased and unfair. It does not tolerate painstaking regulated work. She is curious and has an innate sense of beauty. With great zeal strives for success and achieves it in painting, sculpture, design, medicine, in the field of modeling and demonstration of clothing. Work for her is a battlefield where you can go beyond what is permitted. Magdalene wants to love and be loved. This is a sensual, very sexy woman who strives for a crazy, full of life passion. However, its excessive sociability often leads to disorder. Loves comfort, beautiful expensive things. She dreams of mastering not only the soul and body of a man, but also his condition. Her heart is kind, and her will is not very strong, and Magdalene can almost always be convinced. She doesn’t like to do housework, prefers a bohemian lifestyle, funny and noisy companies, where she is always in the spotlight. This is a professional player who can go to the riskiest bluff.
Derivatives named Magdalene
Options for the name Magdalen: Magdalena, Magda.
Diminutive names of Magdalene: Magdalenka, Magician, Lina, Magdalinushka.
The name Magdalen in different languages
- Name of Magdalen in English: Madeline (Madeline), Madeleine (Madeleine), Madalyn, Madelyn, Madlyn (Madeline), Magdalen (Magdelen), Magdalene (Magdeline).
- The name Magdalen in German: Magdalena (Magdalena), Magdalene (Magladen).
- Name Magdalen in French: Madeleine (Madeleine), Madelon (Madlon).
- Name Magdalen in Spanish: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalen in Portuguese: Madalena (Madalena).
- Name Magdalen in Italian: Maddalena (Maddalena).
- The name of Magdalen in Corsican: Maddalena (Maddalena), Madalena (Madalena), Matalena (Matalena).
- Name of Magdalene in Occitan: Magdalena (Magdaleno).
- Name of Magdalene in Catalan: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalene in Romanian: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalene in Hungarian: Magdolna (Magdolna).
- Name Magdalen in Ukrainian: Magdalene, Magdalena.
- Name Magdalen in Belarusian: Magdalena, Magdalina.
- Name Magdalene in Greek:. (Magdalini).
- Name of Magdalene in Polish: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- The name Magdalen in Czech: Magdalena, Magdal? Na (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalen in Breton: Madalen (Madalen).
- The name Magdalene in Dutch: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalene in Danish: Magdalene (Magladen), Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name Magdalen in Swedish: Magdalena (Magdalena).
- Name of Magdalene in Norwegian: Magdalena (Magdalena), Magdalene (Magdalene).
- Name of Magdalen in Irish: Madail? In (Madeleine), Maighdlin (Magdlin).
- The name Magdalen in Finnish: Matleena (Matleena), Mataleena (Mataleena).
- The name Magdalen in Welsh: Madlen (Madeleine), Modlen (Modlen).
- Name of Magdalen in Manx: Malane (Malan, Malane).
- Magdalena Bronislavovna Verigo - Russian, Soviet artist, painter, graphic artist.
- Magdalena Georgieva Maleeva is a Bulgarian professional tennis player who has reached fourth place in the WTA ranking.
- Magdalena Neuner is an outstanding German biathlete, two-time Olympic champion, ten-time world champion in biathlon, two-time winner of the World Cup, winner of six Small World Cups. Three-time world champion in summer biathlon. One of the most popular athletes in Germany. The best German athlete of 2007.
- Magdalena Rybarikova is a Slovak professional tennis player.
- Magdalena Forsberg is a Swedish biathlete and skier. Six-time world champion in biathlon. The world's only 6-time winner of the Biathlon World Cup and 17-time winner of the small World Cup in various biathlon disciplines. Bronze medalist of the Olympic Games.
- Magdalena Meltzacz is a Polish actress and model.
- Magdalena Abakanovich - Polish artist.
- Magdalena Tul is a Polish pop singer.
- Magdalena Kogena - Czech singer (mezzo-soprano).
Forms named after Magdalen
Short form of the name Magdalen. Magdalenka, Magdusya, Magdushka, Madeline, Madal, Magdzia, Lena, Lenka, Malena, Magdalenet, Magdalenon, Magdalenot, Talen, Magdul, Duci, Magdik, Lennet. Synonyms for the name Magdalen. Magdalen, Magdolna, Magda, Madeleine, Magdolini, Magladen, Madeleine, Malin, Mali, Madalen, Matleen, Mataleen, Modlen, Malan, Maleyn, Mathieu.
Name Magdalena in different languages
Consider the spelling and sounding of a name in Chinese, Japanese and other languages: Chinese (how to write in hieroglyphs): 馬格達萊納 (Mǎ gé dá lái nà). Japanese: マ グ ダ レ ナ (Magudarena). Arabic: ماجدالينا. Hindi: मागदालेना (Māgadālēnā). Ukrainian: Magdalena. Kannada: ಮ್ಯಾಗ್ಡಲೇನಾ (Myāgḍalēnā). English: Magdalena (Magdalena).
The origin of the name Magdalena
The color of the name Magdalene - blue
Auspicious tree - olive
Treasured plant - Red Rose
Patron of the name of Magdalene - swan
Numerology named after Magdalene
Holders of this name number always take an active life position and always clearly know what they want to achieve. They are best guided in difficult and even extreme life situations; they cannot be confused by abruptly changing circumstances or by surprise taken by difficulties. However, “long-playing” projects are not their thing - they quickly lose interest in the business and release the threads from their hands, which automatically excludes them from the number of business people. The point of “units” is the fulfillment of assigned tasks, and the more complex and difficult the task is, the more likely it is the “unit” to solve it faster and better than anyone else. Men and women of “unity” are brave and confident in their abilities, they know how to make money, but they are also easy to spend. Prone to impulsive and rash decisions. In most cases, they are the soul of the company and reliable friends.
Planet : The sun.
Element : Fire, heat, dryness.
Zodiac : A lion.
Colour : Yellow, bright red, gold.
Day : Sunday.
Metal : Gold.
Mineral : Chrysolite, heliotrope, carbuncle, diamond (especially yellow).
Plants : Heliotrope, mistletoe, peony, ginger, laurel, cedar, lemon, wild rose, olive, almond, oak.
Animals : Lion, eagle, falcon, scarab.
The name Magdalen as a phrase
And Az (I, Me, Myself, Myself)
G Verb (Speak)
And Az (I, Me, Myself, Myself)
AND (Union, Unite, Union, UNITY, One, Together, "Together with")
N ours (ours, yours)
And Az (I, Me, Myself, Myself)
Interpretation of the meaning of the letters of the name Magdalene
General description of the name Magdalene
Love and family relationships
In family relationships, Magdalena does not show her best side. She does not like household chores at all, tries to avoid them, sometimes putting everything on her husband's shoulders. The owner of this name is more interested in an active or bohemian lifestyle. Since she never sits still, she is bored at home. Возиться с детишками она не особенно любит, но часто из неё получается мать, которая слишком уж опекает своих детей, близко к сердцу принимая их болезни, неудачи и даже проявления самостоятельности.
В профессиональной сфере Магдалене подходит работа активная, требующая общения с людьми. Она может проявить талант в творчестве, став художником, скульптором, дизайнером одежды или интерьеров. In addition, he can become a journalist, hairdresser, photographer, choreographer, seller, manager.
Famous Magdalen carriers
Magdalena Bronislavovna Verigo - Russian, Soviet artist, painter, graphic artist.
Magdalena Georgieva Maleeva is a Bulgarian professional tennis player who has reached fourth place in the WTA ranking.
Magdalena Neuner is an outstanding German biathlete, two-time Olympic champion, ten-time world champion in biathlon, two-time winner of the World Cup, winner of six Small World Cups. Three-time world champion in summer biathlon. One of the most popular athletes in Germany. The best German athlete of 2007.
Magdalena Rybarikova is a Slovak professional tennis player.
Magdalena Forsberg is a Swedish biathlete and skier. Six-time world champion in biathlon. The world's only 6-time winner of the Biathlon World Cup and 17-time winner of the small World Cup in various biathlon disciplines. Bronze medalist of the Olympic Games.
Magdalena Meltzacz is a Polish actress and model.
Magdalena Abakanovich - Polish artist.
Magdalena Tul is a Polish pop singer.
Magdalena Kogena - Czech singer (mezzo-soprano).
Orthodox name day and the day of the angel Magdalene
Catholic name day Magdalene celebrates
Zodiac Sign Compatibility
This name is suitable for a girl born under the zodiac sign, that is, from September 24 to October 23. Temperamental Libra is in many ways similar to Magdalena, who will be made active, able to speak for hours, loving to advise, always trying to avoid work and responsibility for it, subject to frequent changes in mood, requiring patronage or cooperation.
In this article you will find information about the meaning of the name of Magdalene, its origin, history, learn about options for the interpretation of the name.
- Zodiac of Magdalene - Leo
- Planet - Sun
- Color Magdalene Magdalene - Blue
- Auspicious Tree - Olive
- The cherished plant of Magdalene - a red rose
- Patron of the name Magdalene - swan
- Talisman Magdalene Magdalene - sapphire
What does the name Magdalene mean: a resident of Magdala (name of Magdalene of Latin origin).
The short meaning of the name Magdalene: Magda, Mage, Lina.
Day of the Angel of Magdalene: The name Magdalene celebrates the name day once a year: August 4 (July 22) - St. Equal-to-the-Apostles Mary Magdalene.
Signs of the name Magdalen: On the day of Magdalen, they wonder about the weather: if the echo is sonorous - the bucket foreshadows, if the echo is dumb - the weather is bad
Description of the name Magdalene
Character of the name Magdalen: What character traits determines the meaning of the name Magdalen? Magdalene involuntarily attracts attention. She is distinguished by an analytical mind, very true and accurate judgments about life. Very intelligent, loves to think, evaluate life's phenomena, read - and, in general, one way or another, expand his horizons. A girl named Magdalene is very charming and has a good aura. With Magdalene always calmly around. Although the name Magdalene is very prone to reflection, she knows how to hide her feelings and treats everyone very kindly.
The Fate of Magdalene in History
What does the name Magdalene mean for women's fate?
- On the shores of Lake Genisaret once settled down the town of Magdala. A woman was born and raised here, whose name went down in gospel history. It is known that she was young, beautiful and led a sinful life. Jesus cast out seven demons from her - and now Mary began a new life, becoming a disciple of the Savior. Mary Magdalene followed him when he and the apostles walked through Judea and Galilee preaching the Kingdom of God. She announced the world's first sermon on the Resurrection. With her sermon, full of memories of Christ, she went around all of Italy. Already at an advanced age, St. Mary Magdalene moved to Ephesus, where the apostle John worked on his gospel, - who wrote the twentieth chapter from her words. There ended the holy earthly life.
- Magdalene of Nagasaki (martyr, saint)
- Maria Magdalene de Pazzi (Catholic saint, Carmelite nun, mystic)
- Maria Magdalene (Mazepa) (Mother Superior of the Kiev-Pechersky Ascension and Glukhovsky Assumption Monastery for Girls, mother of the hetman of Ukraine Ivan Stepanovich Mazepa)
- Magdalene Verigo (Russian, Soviet artist, painter, graphic artist)
- Marlene (Maria Magdalena) Dietrich (German and American film actress, singer)
- Magdalena Sibylla of Prussia ((1586 - 1659) Princess of Prussia, married to the Elector of Saxony)
- Magdalena Georgieva Maleeva ((b.1975) Bulgarian professional tennis player, who reached fourth place in the WTA ranking, the youngest of the trio of Maleev sisters)
- Magdalena Forsberg (nee Wallin, Swedish biathlete and skier. Six-time world champion in biathlon. The only 6-time winner of the Biathlon World Cup and 17-time winner of the small World Cup in various biathlon disciplines. Bronze medalist of the Olympic Games. She completed her career after season 2001-2002 undefeated, winning not only the big World Cup, but all four small Cups.)
- Magdalena Abakanovich ((b.1930) Polish artist)
- Magdalena Lamparska (Polish television, film and theater actress)
- Magdalena Meltzacz (Polish actress and model)
- Magdalena Kogena (Czech singer (mezzo-soprano))
- Magdalena Sibyl Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp ((1631 - 1719) Princess Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp, in 1654-1695 the wife of the duke of Gustav Adolf who ruled in Mecklenburg-Gustrow)
Recent materials in this section:
For some reason, the search engine, when you ask him to find the meaning to drink: "with the dead man in a dream" continues the request. Really most often in dreams for a feast.
Had a dream of diving into the water? Try to remember - what was it like? It is from this that the value of what is seen will depend. What can I dream about.
People believed that not only the holiday itself plays an important role, but also the day of the week on which it falls. It largely depends on what happens.